In today’s technological age, you’re likely to find yourself sitting for long periods of time at work, your home office or even in front of the TV. Sitting for longer and longer periods can be a detrimental hazard to your health.
You may find yourself suffering from any or all of the following conditions:
- Chronic Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Eye Strain
- Walk with a hunch
- Joint stiffness
In the clinic we treat heaps of patients who suffer from such conditions as a result of habitual lengthy sitting sessions.
This video outlines a number of the serious dangers of sitting for long periods:
Here’s what you can do to help yourself:
- Set a timer for 20-30 minutes to remind yourself to get up, move around and stretch.
- If you have to sit for long periods, a good stretch is to sit up straight twist around in your seat and stretch from side to side. Repeat with your legs.
- Go for a walk. Studies have shown that it may even help your creativity. (Source.)
Sitting for long periods is pretty much unavoidable with today’s society, the key is to move more and sit for as short time periods as possible.
These are some of the ways an Osteopath can help you if you habitually sit for long periods. An Osteopath can:
- Decrease muscle tension.
- Increase joint mobility.
- Give you postural advice.
- Prescribe tailored exercises to suit your needs.
To save you time, there’s no need to call to book an appointment. You can simply click the below button, select a session that suits you and then instantly book your appointment.