How To Help Relieve Sciatic Pain
Is your Sciatica stopping you from sleeping? Are you searching for a solution how to help relieve sciatic pain?
Osteopaths have helped tons of patients just like you. Patients who let Sciatic Pain creep up on them until they can no longer stand the pain.
We understand your frustration and are here to tell you that there is light at the end of the tunnel. You may be surprised to discover that there are natural ways to ease Sciatic Pain that don’t involve popping painkillers, painful injections or invasive surgery.
The causes and symptoms of Sciatic Pain are discussed in detail on this page, but to review:
Causes include – sudden trauma or holding your body in an awkward position for a long period of time such as long plane or car journeys where you are sitting uncomfortably.
Symptoms may include – pain, tingling and/or numbness in your back and/or down the back of your leg and buttock.
What does an Osteopath do for Sciatica?
For starters, here’s some general advice we give patients:
- Movement – Avoid being still for too long. Keep moving to help ease pain. Yes it may be uncomfortable but without moving, the muscles may get tighter and cause you more pain.
- Heat Pack – A heat pack may relax the muscles therefore relieving tension on the nerve/s.
- Stretches – Stretching out your body can provide relief. Your Osteopath will prescribe you stretches to help get your sciatic nerve properly moving. In the meantime, the stretch in this video may help ease your pain:
To get technical, depending on the location, severity and exact cause, an Osteopath relieves Sciatica by:
- Stretching and supporting the muscular structures that could be contributing to the compression of the nerve.
- Your Osteopath can actually take tension away from the nerve itself and possibly even stretch the nerve.
- Improve function and therefore preventing further sciatic episodes from occurring.
At the first sign of Sciatic Pain, we recommend you make an appointment with an Osteopath because you can avoid the pain worsening and becoming debilitating.
If you’re already suffering from excruciating Sciatic Pain, please don’t wait, click the button below and book an appointment with an Osteopath ASAP.
One of our Remarkable Osteopaths can provide a gentle, quick and effective treatment solution to help relieve your agonising Sciatic Pain.
Disclaimer -this post is meant for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical advice. Avoid self diagnosing yourself, visit your Osteopath or other health professional for a formal diagnosis and treatment plan. Please seek immediate medical assistance if you have any concerns for your health.